The Franklin Park Civic Center, “The Tudor House,” is a fine example of local initiative and voluntary cooperation in the preservation and development of a valuable community resource that can be visited and enjoyed by everyone.
The beautiful 20 room, two story, brick and stucco mansion sites on 5.8 acres, adjacent to The Portage Lakes State Park and has 334 feet of frontage on the west shore of Turkeyfoot Lake.
It is a distinctive example of the Tudor Revival (popular 1900-1930) style of architecture, with its arched doorways, carved wood staircase, prominent Tudor Arch fireplace with oak paneling and exposed beams in the living room.
The exterior also reflects Tudor design in its gabled front entry stone trim, massive stone and brick chimneys, slate roof with prominent cross gables and copper gutters. The gardens include an embanked grotto, constructed of stone.
On April 20, 1995, the Frank Mason Raymond House was entered into the National Register of Historic Places.
The Tudor House and grounds may be rented for weddings, receptions, showers, and private parties, and it is often available without charge to non-profit organizations.