Grill – This cemetery, on 1.0 acre of land, is adjacent to St. Peter’s United Church of Christ, 6385 South Cleveland-Massillon Road.
office 2010 home and student Kyser – On November 28, 1861, John and Rebecca Kyser were paid the sum of 25 cents for what was then the Kyser Burial Ground. Situated on Swigart Road, near Tweed Lake Estates, this historical, 0.45-acre cemetery is closed to all burials, and graves are no longer available for purchase.
office 2010 home and student Manchester – The City’s largest cemetery is located on 8.93 acres, just 1/8 mile west of the intersection of West Nimisila and Manchester Roads, at 1030 West Nimisila Road.
The oldest section of this cemetery was donated by Mr. Jacob Balmer for the burial of his wife, in 1815. Mrs. Balmer had passed away after having been bitten by a rattlesnake.
In the years since, the City has acquired several adjacent properties in an effort to enlarge the cemetery.
The most recent addition is the former site of the original Lutheran Church – one of our earliest landmarks – built in 1880, and lost to a fire in 1992.
office 2010 home and student St. Nicholas – While this cemetery is owned and maintained by St. Nicholas Byzantine Catholic Church, it is within the City’s boundaries. It is situated directly across from the Township’s Grill Cemetery, at the intersection of South Cleveland-Massillon Road and Frank Road. Additional information can be obtained by contacting the church at (330) 745-2031.